Chris D. Peoples Memorial Scholarship
The Chris D. Peoples Memorial Scholarship was established to honor the memory of Chris Peoples who received an associates’ degree in Automotive Technology from Lansing Community College in August of 1986. Chris was a jack of all trades and a perfectionist in each. He learned to create a vision and to see it through. Chris was employed by the Michigan Department of State for 19 years as the Departmental Specialist responsible for the development and administration of the Automotive Mechanic Test Program. He saw this quintessential program come to fruition in 2014 after 15 years of planning.
Recognizing the continually increasing complexity of auto systems and auto electronics, this scholarship was established to assist students in the advanced training needed in the automotive technology industry.
- Recipients will be enrolled in an Associate Degree program in Automotive Systems or Technology at LCC
- Recipients must attend at-least part-time (6 or more credits)
- Recipients must minimum GPA of 2.5
- Recipients must have completed one year of study
- Financial aid will be considered